1. User may need to log in with correct username and password in order to play, search or backup footage.
1. CD-RW device compartment
2. Eject button
3. Emergency Eject
4. CD-ROM busy indicator
5. SD Card slot
6. Channel buttons
7. MENU button
8. CALL button
9. SEQ. button
10. Zoom button
11. ENTER button
12. FREEZE button
14. DISPLAY button
15. PLAY button
16. STOP button
17. PAUSE button
18. REC button
19. Up button
20. Down button
21. Left button
22. Right button
24. Shuttle Ring
25. Lock indicator
26. Timed Recording Indicator
27. Disk indicator
28. Power / Reboot button
When playing a file, the play button will light up, indicating that the EDVR is in the playback mode.
1. Press the appropriate CH1-CH16 button to view the desired channel (4CH: CH1-CH4 buttons; 9CH: CH1-CH9 buttons etc).
2. Press the Play button for normal play.
3. Forward: Turn the Shuttle ring to the right to view the recorded video in the forward direction at a speed faster than the recorded speed. Each subsequent turn of the shuttle to the right increases the forward rate, as 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 30x, and 100x.
4. Reverse: Turn the Shuttle ring to the left to view the recorded video in the reverse direction at a speed faster than the recorded speed. Each subsequent turn of the shuttle to the left increases the reverse rate, as -2x, -4x, -8x, -16x, -30x, and -100x.
5. Normal: Release the Shuttle ring to return to the normal speed of playback.
Complete the following steps to proceed with the search function.
1. Press the SEARCH button to enter the search mode.
2. Select Search Filter and press the ENTER button to access the Search Filter page.
3. The Alarm Filter can search four modes: Disable, Sensor, V-Loss, and Motion.
4. Set the channel number you wish to search for the recorded video.
5. Set the date period you wish to search for the recorded video.
6. Set the time period you wish to search for the recorded video.
7. Select Search List on the Search Filter page and press the ENTER button to start searching for and displaying the desired image.
8. If no video is found, return to the Search Filter page and repeat steps 3 through 7 to initiate another search.
Backup of a Still Image to CD:
1. Insert a blank, writeable disc into the CD-ROM tray. You’ll hear a signalling beep to tell you the disc is ready.
2. Play back the video to find the desired image. Press PAUSE when you find it.
3. Press the MENU button and from the Save Menu, select menu item 3 (CD JPEG), and press ENTER.
4. Select item 1 from the CD JPEG Menu: Add your image to the buffer. The message, Add OK, will appear as a confirmation. If you wish to add more images to the buffer, press any button to return to the CD JPEG Menu.
5. Use the jog dial to select the next image. Repeat step 4 to add this image to the buffer.
Repeat step 4 until all images have been selected.
6. To remove files from your buffer: from the CD JPEG Menu, select menu item 2, Edit JPEG.
7. From the EDIT JPEG page, use the jog dial to review your selected images. As the jog dial is turned, each image is selected (highlighted) in turn. You can now choose to delete or not delete any image by pressing the Up or Down buttons to select an image. Select No (do not delete the image) or Yes (delete the image). When you are finished, press the Menu button to exit this page.
8. When you have completed your image selections: from the CD JPEG Menu, select item 3, Burn. Note: Several minutes may be needed for the device to complete the writing process to the disc.
9. When the CD-ROM drive has completed creating the CD with your files: press the EJECT button to open the CD tray, take out the disc, and place the disc in a PC CD-ROM drive to view your selections.
Backup of video to CD:
1. Insert the disc in the CD-ROM drive tray. The drive will beep to confirm your disc is ready.
2. Play back the video to find the desired image. Press PAUSE when you want to start.
3. Press the MENU button to access the Save Menu. Use the Up or Down buttons to select menu item CD AVI, and press ENTER.
4. The CD AVI Menu provides the following selections. Use the Up or Down buttons to select a menu item. Use the Shuttle ring to set the value for the item, as listed in the following.
5. After you select a menu item, use the shuttle ring to select the appropriate value for that item:
• Video Mode: “Full” or “CIF”.
• Audio Mode: “Right”, “Left”, or “Disable” as your audio mode.
• Time: Length of time of your saved recording, from 10 seconds up through 10 minutes.
• Burn: Select to start burning your video on the disc.
6. Press the EJECT button to open the CD tray, take out the CD, and insert it in a PC CD drive to view your video.